Monday, June 27, 2011

iPad to Drawing Tablet.

Sketch 2011-06-26 11_03_10

So Mr LiD was having a stressful time at work over the last few weeks with a difficult customer, and last Monday he decided he was in serious need of some gadget retail therapy


(kinda like the high from a good shoe/bag/hat purchase) and ran out and got the iPad 2. Bringing it home he was showing me all the new apps including one he was very excited to show me, the Wacom Bamboo Paper app, “You can draw on it! And you can get a stylus to draw on it like a pencil, remember the full size Wacom Cintiq screen we were going to get you? Well now you can do it on here! You gota get one!”

Now the Bamboo app is pretty basic but there are others including the SketchBook Pro which is much more indepth, more like using Photoshop or Illustrator.

As he’s showing me more and more little things over the evening I did slam down my laptop and nearly throw it in the trash, pfuft who needs that big old hulk nowadays, and we made plans to go out on Saturday and get me one of those. Although I had recently been thinking about getting a smaller netbook to travel with, but the added bonus of the portable digital sketchpad sealed the deal.
003

Of course, I had to get the pink Smart Cover, I’ve also got a black Built NY Envelope sleeve (I love Built NY bags) for traveling, as the second pocket in the envelope style is essential for carrying the stylus pen.
005

The Bamboo app.
008

My first illustration err doodle in SketchBook Pro, THAT skill will need to be worked on!
Another great thing is that I often want to send a quick preliminary sketch to a client, to make sure we are on the same page, or to show them my plans. And that would before have involved drawing on paper, scanning into the computer, resizing, attaching to an email blah blah blah, and now I can just do a quick sketch and email it directly straight from the iPad.

It IS my new bff, and I have already been found guilty of having my iPad and my laptop open on different screens and working on them simultaneously – it’s the beginning of the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...